+ Extreme Networks Summit X450a Gigabit Switches
A versatile switch that provides high-density gigabit plus optional 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports in a compact 1RU format and supports a full range of Layer 2 to Layer 4 functionalities on every port to allow high productivity.
Summit®X450a is based on the revolutionary ExtremeXOS®operating system from Extreme Networks®. ExtremeXOS is a highly resilient, modular operating system that provides continuous uptime, manageability and operational efficiency. Each Summit X450a switch offers the same high-performance, non-blocking hardware technology used on Extreme Networks BlackDiamond®8800 series, in the Extreme Networks tradition of simplifying network deployments through the use of common hardware and software throughout the network.
A highly flexible and scalable Summit X450a is an ideal aggregation switch for traditional small core enterprise networks and an excellent first level aggregation device for DSLAMs at a local central office before traffic is passed on to Extreme Networks BlackDiamond 12804R core switch at the Point of Presence (POP) where traffic is managed and connected to service networks.
Powered by ExtremeXOS, Summit X450a supports process recovery and application upgrades without the need for a system reboot. Summit X450a provides the high network availability required for converged applications.
Combining superior resiliency, comprehensive security, and non-blocking performance, Summit X450a is the cornerstone of a high-performance network. Summit X450a provides a high bandwidth, non-blocking architecture with tri-speed copper Gigabit Ethernet ports for demanding top-of-rack data center applications. With optional 10 gigabit trunks, Summit X450a connects to gigabit edge devices as a high-performance aggregation layer in a traditional three-tier LAN. For metro Ethernet networks, Summit X450a delivers exceptional Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic management capabilities.
- ExtremeXOS modular operating system
- Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS) resiliency protocol
- Minimized Latency
- Non-Blocking Forwarding
- Threat detection and response instrumentation to react to network intrusion
- Hardened network infrastructure
Summit X450a is a Gigabit Ethernet switch available in three versions: 24-port 10/100/1000BASE-T plus 4-port SFP interfaces; 48-port 10/100/1000BASE-T plus 4-port SFP interfaces; and 24-port 1000BASE-X SFP plus 4-port 10/100/1000BASE-T. All three versions have an AC or DC internal power supply and have options for an external redundant AC or DC power supply. With optional dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Summit X450a provides high-performance aggregation for enterprise networks, HPCC and carrier Ethernet applications.
Summit X450a has a non-blocking switching fabric and offers wire-speed Layer 2/Layer 3 switching for all ports with Quality of Service and security features such as hardware-based Access Control Lists (ACLs). With its rich Layer 2-4 intelligence, Summit X450a meets a variety of requirements at the edge of the converged enterprise network as well as aggregation and small core.
- 128-256 Gbps switch fabric bandwidth, 95.2-130.9 Mpps Layer 2 and IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 packet forwarding rate
- SummitStack™40Gbps stacking support
- Optional dual 10-gigabit Ethernet ports for redundant uplinks
- 9,216 Byte maximum packet size (Jumbo Frame)
- 8 QoS queues/port
- 4,094 VLANs (Port, IEEE 802.1Q, MAC, Protocol-based)
- Hardware-based ACLs with Policy Based Routing/Switching
Brand: Extreme Networks
Cables which are cut to specific cable lengths and products from Extreme Networks or Aruba cannot be ordered online - please contact our sales team on 0800 75 75 65 to order.
- Extreme Product Comparison Chart
- Extreme Products at a glance
- Extreme Summit X450a Series
- White Paper: Innovation with ExtremeXOS
Customers who buy this also buy...
New Products This Month
- Excel Mounting Hardware - to suit Keystone Jacks
- Excel MicroLan Keystone Patch Panel - Empty
- Aruba AP-115 Access Points
- Aruba AP-224 Access Points
- Aruba AP-225 Access Points
- ACTi 5MP, Zoom Bullet with D/N, Adaptive IR, Basic WDR, 12x Zoom Lens
- AXIS M2014-E World ?s smallest HDTV bullet-style network camera.
- Avigilon 1.0 Megapixel Day/Night H.264 HD 3-9mm Indoor Dome Camera
- Avigilon License plate recognition
- Avigilon License plate recognition
- Coaxial Cabling
- Voice Cabling
- Multicore Cabling
- Racks and Open Frames
- Aisle Containment
- Containment Systems
- Tooling & Testing
- Consumables & Labelling
- Ethernet Switches
- Routers and Gateways
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
- Security Cameras
- Security Lighting
- Security Transmission
- Video Servers, Encoders and Decoders
- Audio/Video Extenders
- Media Converters
- Access Control Systems
- Locks and Accessories
- Asset Tracking
- Server Lifters
- PC Accessories
- Agent Vi
- Aruba Networks
- B-Line by Eaton
- Chatsworth CPI
- CNet Training
- Extreme Networks
- Fluidmesh Networks
- Fluke Networks
- Nubis Solutions
- Overland Storage
- Paxton Access
- QNAP Security
- Razberi Technologies
- RF Code
- TE Connectivity
- Unite Technologies
- UTC Fire & Security