VDV II PRO Tester
Part Code: R158003
The VDV II Series are easy to use cable testers that check the integrity of copper cables commonly found in domestic, commercial or industrial voice, data or video installations, including telephone wiring, data network and video/security cabling.Employing state-of-the-art technology, VDV II offers functionality not previously available in a wiremapper. The advanced wiremap engine accurately displays complex wiring faults instantaneously whilst TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) aids troubleshooting and improves on-site productivity.
- AccuracyThe flagship VDV II Pro utilises TDR to accurately measure cable length and provide distance to fault information. TDR’s work by injecting a signal into the cable and measuring the time for any signal to be reflected back after encountering changes in impedance caused by cable damage, open and short circuits. The recorded time is then translated into an accurate distance measurement. TDR helps to pinpoint where cabling faults occur. This speeds up fault finding as well as minimising disruption and potential damage to fixtures and fixings.
- IntelligenceConnection issues are not always associated with cable faults, so VDV II Pro has the capability to help identify service related issues. By detecting the presence of voltage and checking polarity, VDV II Pro quickly determines which media service is running over the cable, such as ISDN, PBX and PoE (Power over Ethernet) resulting in faster fault diagnosis. Troubleshooting active Ethernet networks is also made easier with in-built network detection that displays network rate and duplex information.
- SpeedWith comprehensive details on faults such as opens, shorts, crossovers and split pairs, VDV II identifies wiring errors instantly. The integrated RJ-11/RJ-12 (voice), RJ-45 (data) and coax F-Type (video) connectors allow faster testing of most types of low-voltage cables by eliminating the need for separate testers or adapters.
- To prevent potentially costly damage to the tester all VDV II’s are smart enough to know when they have been plugged into an outlet where voltage is present.
- VoiceSupport for 1, 2 or 3-pair RJ11/12 telephone testing cable.
- DataTesting of shielded and unshielded Cat 5/5e/6/6a/7 LAN cable.
- VideoTests coax cable through F-connector interface.
|Suitable for||Twisted Pair|
|Type of indication||LCD|
|With PC/printer interface||no|
|Test result storage||no|
|Suitable for network protocol measurement||no|
|Measuring head included||yes|
- Suitable for: Twisted Pair
- Model: Verification tester
- Type of indication: LCD
- With PC/printer interface: no
- Test result storage: no
- Suitable for network protocol measurement: no